Jerrold Mundis is a writer, speaker, and counselor.
He is the author of:
• 17 novels, including Gerhardt’s Children and The
• 13 books of nonfiction, including Prelude to Civil War
and How to Get Out of Debt, Stay Out of Debt & Live
• A number of ghostwritten books and other works.
• Some 100 short stories, essays and articles.
Among his publishers are:
• Bantam, Atheneum, Arbor House, Delacorte,
Warner Books, Jove, Pocket Books, and New
His short work has appeared in such publications as:
• The New York Times Magazine, American
Heritage, Harper’s Weekly, Glamour, the Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, and New York Magazine.
His books have been selections of:
• The Book-of-the-Month Club, Literary Guild,
Doubleday Book Club, Field & Stream Book Club,
and One Spirit Book Club.
His work has been translated into more than a dozen foreign languages.
He is a member of the Authors Guild, PEN American Center, and Poets & Writers, is listed in Contemporary Authors and the Directory of American Poets & Fiction Writers.
He has been an editor at The New York Times, and is an experienced teacher of professional and avocational writing.