If you’re going to start a business, keep in mind that you might already know several people who can help you get things going. Here are some quick tips to help you find the right people to help start your business fast:
– Look at your immediate circle of friends and family to see if anyone has any special skills you can use. For example, if you’re going to set up an office, do you know anyone who has experience in this area? Maybe they can take you shopping for essentials or steer you away from impulse purchases you’ll never use?
– Do you know anyone who has started a business and knows what forms need to be filled out and where they should be submitted? Could they give you an hour or two of their time to walk you through the steps?
– Conduct a search online to see if you can find people to work with or mentor you as you get started. There are a lot of great sites to help you start a business and you’re bound to find some like-minded friends who might be great to work with.
– Put the word out that you’re looking. Let people know at the churches and organizations you belong to that you’re looking for help and the right people might start looking for you.
– Have everyone you know spread the word that you’re looking for help too. “Friend of a friend” can be another great way to meet people who can help you.
– Look for people you’ve worked with well in the past and see if they’re interested in working together again.
– Check out what’s offered in your local business bureau or city business organizations. Look to see if there’s a small group specializing in the field you’re going into. You might find the right person who is also looking for you.
There are many ways to find good people to help you start and grow your business. It’s up to you to spread the word that you are looking and conduct the appropriate research.
Do you have questions about starting a business and selling your self-published book? Please let me know here or at http://www.jexbo.com. I’d love to hear from you!